Machine Learning Scientist / Engineer
At Cubeyou we work on Artificial Social Intelligence, we train machines to understand, predict and influence people. Artificial minds are becoming extremely smart but need to be capable of much more than functional and cognitive tasks — they need to be able to read people and understand human needs, motivations and emotions, they need empathy.
We work on the right brain of AI to make sure that our society doesn’t only become more efficient but indeed a better one. This means developing algorithms that Understand how humans function, Predict what they will do and Influence society for the good.
We do a great deal of research, we build leading edge technologies and deploy them to solve practical everyday problems. Cubeyou is a company, packed with extremely talented and hard working people that enjoy solving hard problems and building great products.
We have offices in US and Europe and we are looking for more talent to help us teach machines how to win friends and influence people!
The AI team at CubeYou is at the forefront of innovation in advanced analytics and machine learning, including deep learning and more traditional algorithms.
Our team is composed by top class scientists and engineers driving the data science capabilities of our consumer insights platform, including: data processing, exploratory analysis, modeling, validation, visualization, tuning and automation.We alternate the development workflow with research spikes on state-of-the-art machine intelligence applied to understanding and generalizing people behaviour and interests.Our R&D strives to cover a full spectrum of topics of statistics and AI: bayesian inference, gaussian processes, computer vision, natural language processing, reinforcement learning, generative models and GPUs hardware optimizations.
Artificial Intelligence at CubeYou raises both scientific and engineering challenges. We deal with a very large amount of data and rely on various data management and distributed computing technologies (Spark, MongoDB, Hadoop, HBase) enhanced by the cloud infrastructure (AWS). We utilize a diverse number of languages (Python, R, Scala) and tools (PyData stack, MLlib, TensorFlow, Keras). Periodically, we work side by side with data engineers and the product development team for maintaining the data lake and for deploying our solutions in production with the minimum overhead.
The ultimate goal is to help the company growing on three major areas:
- Understanding consumer characteristics, preferences and lifestyle.
- Predicting latent variables and future outcomes (e.g. hidden people attributes, voting decisions, migrations, markets).
- Influencing our customers by generating contents and recommending actions (e.g. marketing campaign generator, augmented reality, interactive agents, personalizations).
In addition to the core business, 10% of team time on a weekly basis is devoted to learning and experimenting with latest advances in Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning and related topics.
A Machine Learning Scientist at CubeYou focuses on exploring new hypothesis, running experiments, validating models and yielding insights.
A Machine Learning Engineer at CubeYou turns scientists findings into product features ensuring the design, quality and scalability at every stage of implementation.
Besides that, our scientists and engineers work as a team and are in charge of data acquisition and management, predictive modeling, data fusions, building robust machine learning pipelines as well as data testing on our consumer insights platform.
This job opportunity is a perfect match for a highly skilled, motivated and fast learning geek looking for an opportunity to be a key player in an extremely fast growing startup. If you love coding and can’t wait to master the new and upcoming technology in Artificial intelligence and Deep Learning this is the right place for you.
The position is based in our rapidly growing R&D office in Milan (Italy) @ Talent Garden Merano.
- Carry out projects involving data pipelines, statistical models and machine learning algorithms, test and maintain all data fed to our consumer insights platform.
- Develop intelligent systems based on the latest AI technologies and deep learning.
- Be expected to be analytical, accurate but also creative and to come up with your own ideas and suggestions.
- Explore and analyze multi-dimensional data in order to find patterns and relationships.
- Research and implement novel ML and statistical approaches to add value to the business.
- Formalize mathematical and probabilistical models of the social world.
- Contribute to the state of the art by publishing articles or contributions to the community.
- Speed-up and make more efficient computing leveraging the cloud infrastructure (distributed computing and GPUs).
- Build tools for supporting experiments, development and debugging of ML models.
- Build robust workflows for training, evaluation and deploying algorithms at scale.
- Build dashboards for monitoring performances and KPIs.
- Ensure engineering and programming practices among the whole team.
- Maintain codebase clean for production and dev environments.
- Work closely with the Chief Scientist, CTO and CEO to design new features to implement to improve the functionalities and user experience of the platform.
- Work closely to the marketing team to find solutions and products that help lead generation and inbound marketing.
- Work closely to the core product development team in order to evolve and maintain our data lake and tools.
- Adopt a Continuous Learning process in order to be always up to date with the latest and more productive technologies.
- Master’s degree or above in STEM fields (science, technology, engineering or mathematics).
- PhD with a proven track record of publications, or deep neural network architectures, is prefered.
- 3 years+ experience, or a comparable industry career, in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, NLP, Pattern Recognition or similar.
- Good knowledge of Python and/or R. Scala is a plus.
- Ability to convey complex analyses with the most efficient and intuitive visual interactions.
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and ability to apply it to real problems.
- Strong background on probability and mathematical/statistical modeling techniques.
- Quick and accurate.
- Curious and fast learner.
- Ability to break research down into clearly defined tasks and quick iterations.
- Contributor or owner of GitHub repo.
- Competitive salary.
- Stock options.
- Free lunch delivered daily.
- Personal budget for conferences and training.
- Flexible working hours.
- Startup atmosphere with the usual perks.
- Regular team building activities.